Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Assembly Talk @ CHIJ St Joseph’s Convent (24 Feb)

Ms Grace Tan from CHIJ St Joseph’s Convent invited Earth Society to conduct an Assembly talk for Sec 3 students on 24 Feb. This is the third year she invited Earth Society to her school.

On 24 Feb, Earth Society members arrived at St Joseph’s Convent at 12 pm. We conducted an Environmental Conservation Assembly talk for Sec 3 students from 12.15 to 1.15pm. We presented on Overfishing, Deforestation, Animal factory farms, Greenhouse gas emissions and introduce some Environmental Heros to the students. (Sea Shepherd, Dr Jane Goodall, Dr James Hansen etc.) Students listen attentively to the talk and participated actively in the quiz at the end of the talk.

After the talk, we set up a booth at the school canteen from 1.15pm to 2.15pm to gather feedback from students and pass additional info (Climate change booklets / Environmental Website leaflets) to interested teachers and students.

We left the school by 2.20pm.

Feedback from Students:

I felt that the presentation is very clear and persuasive. It would help to educate students to save the environment. The use of video and stories of famous people really impress me and should be used more frequently.  
– Toh Yeh Yun, Sec 3, SJC.

I felt that the speech given was very educational. It let me learnt about the different ways of saving our Earth. It also made me realize that some of my actions actually do harm to the world.    – Soh Pei Qi, Peggy, Sec 3, SJC.

I found the talk very, very educational, although I have already known to some degree about the issues involved. I did not know that the rate of deforestation is so bad. I really hope things will improve for the best. I will cut down on my beef intake to help the environment.     – Sophie Wong Jiewen, Sec 3, SJC .

I felt that the talk was quite educational. I learnt about how our little actions can affect the environment on a large scale. It was very convincing and I felt like doing my part in conserving the environment.    
– Cheryl Wong, Sec 3, SJC.

No comments: