Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Assembly talk @ School of Science and Technology (27 Mar)


Mr Chew Mou Wei, Operations Executive in School of Science and Technology, invited Earth Society to conduct an Assembly talk to the school cohort on 27 Mar.

On 27 Mar, Earth Society members reached School of Science and Technology at 10 am. We set up and manned a booth at the school canteen from 10 to 11.30 am. We conducted a Global Warming Assembly talk for the school cohort from 11.55 to 12.40pm. The students and teachers listened attentively to the talk.



After the talk, we gathered some feedback from teachers and students. We left the school at 1.20pm.

Feedback from Teachers:

The speaker was able to engage our students through his informative presentation. The statistics shared was an eye-opener to us. His passion to save the Earth through small acts and change of habit is remarkable. All the best in your bid to spread the message of environmental protection. Thank you.  
- Ms Praveena Sandra Mohan, Academic staff, SST

Feedback from Students:

The talk was extremely insightful and it allowed me to learn about the extent of human’s action on the environment. From today onwards, I will be more conscious about my surroundings and the actions I perform.  – Sakshi, Sec 3, SST

The talk was very informative. It really changed my concept of global warming. I will definitely take part in Earth hour as a start.  – Ravern Koh, Sec 3, SST

I enjoyed the talk. I learn that if we do not help to save our planet, we will be in a bad shape. I also learn some actions we can take to help the planet, like practicing the 3Rs.   – You Jia, Sec 1, SST
  

I think a lot of effort was put into the talk. Earth Society is really good! I am going to participant in Earth Day. Awesome!. – Teo Yao Hong, Sec 1, SST

No comments: