Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Global Warming Talk @ Nanyang Junior College (04 Aug)

Ms Gloria Pang, Student Rep of Interact Club at Nanyang Junior College, invited Earth Society to conduct a Global Warming Talk to the Interact Club members on 04 Aug.

On 04 Aug, Earth Society members reached Nanyang JC at 5.30 pm. We conducted an GW talk for 20 Interact Club members from 5.45pm to 7.15pm. Students listened attentively to the talk and actively participated in the quiz at the end of the talk.



Feedback from students:

The speaker was very knowledgeable with this topic. I realised that climate change is a global threat that requires global action and a lot of us can make a positive difference and help to fight climate change. 
- Wendy, Interact Club student, NYJC

The session was honestly a lot more interesting than I expected. Information was given in a very engaging way with videos. I learnt that I should probably cut down on beef consumption. I never knew producing beef contributes to global warming.
-   Nicol Lee, Interact Club student, NYJC

The talk was really insightful as I learnt more about the serious issues that are affecting our world and Singapore. I realised that not eating meat can actually play a big role in saving the environment. 
– Gloria Pang, Interact Club student rep, NYJC

No comments: